We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Help

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation Help

Hi,

We are a family of 4 (kids 6 & 9 yrs) staying in SM for 2 nights early August.

I have narrowed my hotel search down to 3....what would your choice/opinion be? They are all similar in price...

1. Ocean View Hotel

2. The Georgian

3. Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

Thanks ☺

4 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,768 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Help

Ocean View has ocean view rooms. Georgian is the nicest of the list, and Wyndham is the only one with a (tiny) pool.

Regarding location, they are all exactly the same.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Help

Thanks ElleBe!

Think will go with either Ocean View or Georgian. Ocean view rooms seem small, can get suite at Georgian for same price as normal room at Ocean View, although hubby thinks Georgian looks old 😩 that's it's charm but he doesn't get it haha.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Help

One more question please ElleBe...you mentioned Ocean View has 'ocean views'....does the Georgian too?

One of the room options at the Georgian says 'ocean view'.

Or do you mean the Ocean View has a balcony for 'ocean views' & Georgian does not? Thanks for your help 😊

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,768 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Help

Georgian has ocean views on the OCean Ave side of the hotel, and if you can get a good price, go for it. It's true that it's an older/classic decor. A lot of my decision goes into the look and feel of a hotel, so be sure you're all comfortable. Did you look into the ShangriLa? The brand new Courtyard or Hampton Inn (neither have ocean views, though).

Reply to: Accommodation Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted