We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

HI! My husband & I will be in SB/Solvant (first time) Sat 06/10 - 06/12.

Will you please look through my itinerary and let me know if I need to change anything or give me suggestions on things to do/places to eat (we usually plan our trips around food-haha). We will have a rental car, but like walking & using public transportation.

SATURDAY 06/10: DownTown SB

Pickup Map: Santa Barbara's visitor center - RedTileTour

Old Mission

One Thousand Steps Beach

Padero Beach

LUNCH $-$$: La Super Rica Taqueria/ or?

Urban Wine Trail

Brewery??

Dinner $-$$ - ??

SUNDAY 06/11 - SOLVANG

Breakfast in Solvang $-$$ - Solvang Restaurant / Paulas Pancake house

Lunch $-$$: Succulent Cafe / Bacon and Brine

Explore Solvang

Solvang Wine Walk

Dinner: Stonehouse Restaurant / or other nice fancy dinner??(celebrating my Bday)

MONDAY 06/12 - SANTA YNEZ Wine Tour

BREAKFAST in SB $-$$ - location?

Bridlewood Estate

Rusack Vineyards

Buttonwood Farm

Rideau Vineyard

Sunstone Vineyards & Winery

Dinner $-$$??

Thank you for your help!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,903 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

The first thing I noticed was you were planning lunch on a Saturday at La Super Rica. We've had lunch there over the years, due to the fame, but haven't been there for awhile. My friends went to SB last month on a Sat. and they decided to stop there for a quick bite, coming from LA, before heading north.

It didn't work out for them quite as they expected, as they had a hard time finding the location from the freeway, found it, had to park several blocks away and waited in a huge long line. They were in more of a hurry, so didn't understand the hype.

We now either go to the beautiful 4 Seasons Biltmore for lunch on the patio restaurant, Bella Vista. You can see the dolphins swimming in the ocean and walk the grounds of the landmark hotel. Or we drive our car right on Stern's Wharf and go to the SB Shellfish Co at the end. They have picnic tables to enjoy their fresh seafood.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,080 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

Solvang: Breakfast follows immediately by lunch?

Solvang is very small. You can finish exploring between breakfast and lunch time, even with a tour at the Mission Ines. I think you will struggle on how to fill the time until dinner time.

La Super Rica Taqueria is a hole-in-the-wall outfit. The food is quite good. The dining room is pretty small and simple and yes they often has a long line. This and a restaurant in the Four Season Hotel are on the opposite side of a comfort/price spectrum.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

Hi @CAnative

thank you for the info, I'll look into 4Seasons &SB Shellfish Co for lunch - thank you for the suggestions!

Hi @HappyFeet1234 - LOL no I just listed lunch right after breakfast :) Ok, maybe we should visit one of the wineries that I planned to on Sunday - Sunstone Vineyards, since its pretty close to Solvang &/or visit the FourSeasons just to enjoy the views....

I appreciate your time & suggestions!! THANK YOU!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

For a special dinner, head to Stella Mare. It's a fine, somewhat French restaurant with lovely dining rooms and good service--and terrific food.

Edited: 03 June 2017, 13:31
5. Re: First time to Solvang & Santa Barbara - Help w/Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2018, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Solvang