We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving for work in Stockton

1 post
Moving for work in Stockton

I will be starting work in Stockton from July next year and want to know of good neighborhoods around Stockton area preferably within 30 mins of driving area. I am a young, single guy so looking for more social and active night life with good food options. Haven't visited any of the places besides Stockton during work interview but have been suggested Lodi, Modesto and Tracy by few people and want to know you guys opinion on it. Would prefer living in a house with safe neighborhood and am hoping traffic would be less on the way to Stockton during office hours as most people will be going to opposite direction towards Sacramento or San Fran. Thanks guys

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,274 posts
132 reviews
1. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

Hi

This is a travel forum, not a relocation forum.

Try asking folks on the City Data forum. Maybe ask on the Sacramento forum as it's the biggest city nearby.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/sacramento/

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,619 posts
435 reviews
2. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

The only neighborhood in Stockton I'd live in is Brookside.

California
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
3. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

Stockton? Lodi, Modesto, Tracy? Single? No, no and no. It might be a drive but live in Sac.

Edited: 30 November 2016, 19:29
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,195 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

Yeah, I'd live in Sacramento. Definitely fits the bill for a young single guy looking for a social scene, nightlife and interesting restaurants. You will have a commute, but I think it would be worth that to live in a place that suits what you want.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

Some parts of Stockton are very nice, but you got to be sure you do not get into a bad area of town. Stockton has a large group of singles with the University in town- UOP. Also the river area is very nice and has nightlife. I would think to stay in Stockton at first and then see if you want to become a commuter and live elsewhere.

www.visitstockton.org/restaurants/nightlife/

Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

You should start out in one of the few acceptable neighborhoods in Stockton before you commit to a long commute, which could be brutal. Do that while you determine whether you are going to have a longer-term fit with the job and city.

Also, I agree that Brookside is the area to focus on initially.

Edited: 01 December 2016, 00:03
7. Re: Moving for work in Stockton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2016, 00:28
Get answers to your questions about Stockton