We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Beaver Creek in June

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
14 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Beaver Creek in June

We would like to stay in Beaver Creek in June and prefer a house or cabin to a condo. Looking for recommendations for what part of town to stay in that is somewhat centralized to get around. Also, looking for recommendations for horseback riding, rafting and four wheeling while we are there. Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,264 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Beaver Creek in June

Does it have to be Beaver Creek? Vail is a roundabout away and there is also Eagle Vail - https://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-…

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Beaver Creek in June

When in June is important. Beaver Creek village is up in the mountains so every bit later you push into June will be nicer. Right in the village core you won't find much of anything for private homes. You can find them in the area, but then you lose the walkability benefit of being in Beaver Creek. Many of the condos in the village are very home like and large. If you really want to take advantage of all the Beaver Creek offers, I would encourage you to be open to staying in the village. If not, take SusieLou's advice and branch out more broadly.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
14 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Beaver Creek in June

We are interested in the general area of Vail/ Beaver Creek. Don't have a specific city/location in mind. We are not coming for snow sking (as you probably knew). We would like to come out and do some rafting, fishing, horse back riding and ATV riding. We have two teenage boys and we would like to be relatively central to drive out and do these day trips.

Mentioned in this post
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Beaver Creek in June

If you're just looking for functionality, then stay in the valley. You'll save considerably if you just get a place in Edwards or Avon. You'll pay more for proximity to Vail itself. Stream fishing available many places in the valley and within a short drive. Best rafting is down in Glenwood Springs.

You night also check out the village of Minturn. It's just five minutes off I-70, has a few great restaurants and cafes and will give you reasonable prices on a range of accommodations.

But Beaver Creek doesn't sound like what you're seeking.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Avon
Avon
Beaver Creek, CO
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,264 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to Beaver Creek in June

I agree with Tumbleweed. I usually stay in Avon because it is very inexpensive compared to Beaver Creek and yet very easy to get to the activities I'm interested in. Minturn is a very cute little town. But I don't know how many homes you could find to rent there. I think Eagle Vail may be your best bet. The fishing in the Eagle River can be very good.

Mentioned in this post
Avon
Avon
Beaver Creek, CO
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Reply to: Coming to Beaver Creek in June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted