We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other Winter Activities Besides Skiing for Family with Teena

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Other Winter Activities Besides Skiing for Family with Teena

We are heading to Beaver Creek for Spring Break skiing. We go to Vail/Beaver Creek every Summer but this will be first time in the winter . We plan to ski 3 days and have one additional day to do something different besides skiing. Any suggestions? We are a family of four with two teenage boys (ages 13 and 15). We thought about snowmobiling but you have to be 14 to drive and the 13 y/o has no interest in riding on the back (says that is no fun)! We prefer to stay in the Vail/BC area as much as possible in case it's inclement weather for driving.

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
3 replies to this topic
Furlong PA
Level Contributor
675 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other Winter Activities Besides Skiing for Family with Teena

I thought the skiing museum in Vail was pretty interesting.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

In Leadville, the mining museum gets good reviews here but I can't comment presonally

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Leadville
Leadville
Colorado
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,846 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Other Winter Activities Besides Skiing for Family with Teena

Isn't Teena the llama from Napoleon Dynamite?? I am just teasing you of course, (I'm sure it was a typo) but when I read it I got a sudden mental image of the llama on skis!😜 Hope you have a great vacation!

Edited: 21 February 2018, 16:03
Edwards, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other Winter Activities Besides Skiing for Family with Teena

There are so many different things to do, depending on how adventurous you'd like to go! Snowmobiling and dogsledding are the most popular, but there's also paragliding, horseback riding, rock/ice climbing, snow coach tours...the sky is the limit! What interests your family typically?

Reply to: Other Winter Activities Besides Skiing for Family with Teena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted