We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter week 2015

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easter week 2015

have never been to beaver creek and planned a week this coming Easter (April 6-11). Families are made up of some beginner skiers and I was concerned about the skiing. I've heard mixed reviews on expectations. Thoughts?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,181 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter week 2015

We enjoy skiing at Beaver Creek--what are the mixed reviews you've heard?

That being said, spring skiing isn't our favorite; you'll be there the last week of the season, as BC is scheduled to close April 12.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,894 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter week 2015

Welcome to the forum. What are your concerns? Easter week is early April this year. While you're always subject to local weather at any time of year, there's no reason to expect that early April will be anything but sensational. I skied Beaver Creek the following week two years ago and it was incredible.

I would not make weather one of your planning points. It will be fine.

Have fun.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter week 2015

Mixed reviews being the skiing conditions that week. Have only heard great things about the resort

What else is there to do there?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter week 2015

We've traveled to Beaver Creek for spring skiing for the past two years (and are returning again this year at the end of March). Conditions can be a little "iffy" at that time of the year. The first year it was warm (40s at the bottom of the mountain) and the snow at the bottom was very slushy. The second year was perfect, with temps in the 20s or so and new snow nearly every day.

I was learning to ski the first year along with my (then) seven-year-old daughter. The beginner lessons all take place near the bottom of the mountain, so you may ski in slush while you're learning. But both years we made our way to the top of the mountain and skied the green runs there later in the week. At the top the temps are colder and the snow was great both years.

Obviously, we enjoy Beaver Creek and are returning for our third year. This year, my four-year-old daughter will take lessons again (she took one day of lessons last year, but didn't progress much). The lessons at Beaver Creek are great for beginners and, as an adult, I took lessons with other adults who were learning. By my third day, we were skiing the long greens at the top and had a really great time.

5. Re: Easter week 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2016, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek