We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Hot Springs

My husband and I will be in Ouray for 2 nights and would like to enjoy a hot springs at some point. Does anyone have a suggestion of the best on to visit? We are staying at the Hotel Ouray.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
1. Re: Hot Springs

Right in town is the public Ouray springs. It can be busy and is like a big pool with a slide and regular pool also. Orvis is between Ouray and Ridgeway and is more private and has small separate pools.

Edited: 19 July 2018, 19:25
Sammamish...
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Hot Springs

Orvis has one main pool and several smaller ones. No electronics allowed inside. Clothing optional.

We were told Weissbadden (sp) right in Ouray is open to the public and is nice, but did not have a chance to go there.

Edited: 19 July 2018, 20:28
Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Hot Springs

Thanks for the info. I don't know if we want a big "water park" vibe the Orvis seems to have.

I was just looking at Wiesbaden Hot Springs and it looks promising with a Vapor Cave?

Edited: 19 July 2018, 20:54
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
178 reviews
4. Re: Hot Springs

Orvis does not have a water park vibe....the public hot springs pool in Ouray would tend to be more like that but...hmmm...not exactly how I’d describe it but more so than Orvis. But for a couple, the Weisbaden would be great. It has a spa-like atmosphere. It is smaller and they are strict about the number of guests in the pool. There’s also a smaller reservable pool (which I haven’t been to) and the vapor cave, which is a quiet zone and quite unique.

Sammamish...
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Hot Springs

Orvis doesn't have a water park vibe at all. The big pool in Glenwood Springs does. The big, public pool in Ouray looks like a municipal pool. We've not gone because of that. The "clothing optional" part of Orvis was a little intimidating. Some bathers were nude but most were not.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Hot Springs

Of the hot springs mentioned the Wiesbaden is by far the calmest, quietest, and probably most relaxing because of this. I like Orvis beacuase there are a variety of soaking pools to choose from but it can get busy and there are clothing optional pools as mentioned.

Edited: 20 July 2018, 14:22
Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Hot Springs

Oops! My mistake. I think I was referring to Ouray Springs not Orvis - as the more public pool, waterpark vibe with the water slides and such. I think I agree that Wiesbaden would be our pick. Thanks again for all the info!

Reply to: Hot Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ouray
Recent Conversations