We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

Looking for best dinner options in Ouray. $$-$$ type. Nothing fancy dress up!! Lol. Go.

5 replies to this topic
Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

There are no fancy or dress up restaraunts in Ouray. The Bon Ton and the Outlaw are places I tend to go for dinner when in Ouray but there are other places and I’m sure others will chime in. These restaraunts have been in business for many years. Restaraunts seem to come and go in Ouray it seems. Check TA reviews as well. The Outlaw has decent prime rib and can be a bit raucous, it’s the mountains after all. The Bob Ton is more sedate and intimate IMO.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
269 reviews
2. Re: Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

I have noticed a trend here - we can track your plans by the requests for "Best Dinner option ... Mid Sept" but we don't ever seem to see a request for any help with anything else. Can we help with activities or not to be missed sights? We would love to do that.

Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
3. Re: Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

Lol. Yup planning the route! Lots of sight-seeing/shopping is all. Goes like this....Day 1 - Vail..shop, gondola. Drive to Grand Junction..may do evening loop of National Monument....lodging at Two Rivers Winery..dinner at Rockslide

Day 2 - early trip into National, drive to Telluride-shop, gondola..lunch at Butcher/Baker, drive to Ouray Twin Peaks Lodge...dinner at ??

Day 3 drive to Durango. Staying couple days at friends house. Hiking/shopping/relaxing...all planned out. Day 3-6

Day 7 drive back to Denver, Hyatt House and dinner at Maggianos. Fly out next day.

The restaurants are the hard to choose places..hence all the posts from me!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
269 reviews
4. Re: Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

Ok, that makes sense. Hope you have a great trip. The place you are staying in GJ is awesome with great views of the Monument.

Edited: 23 July 2018, 12:33
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
178 reviews
5. Re: Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept

We haven't been to the Brickhouse yet but visiting family went twice and highly recommended it. They said it was excellent and reviews have been great. It is currently in Trip Advisor's #1 spot. My DH's tastes run more toward the yummy burgers, homemade onion rings and fresh cut fries (and the reasonable prices) at the quirky Maggie's, a great dive in the spirit of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. We follow it with ice cream at Mouse's.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

http://www.brickhouse737.com/about-us.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Reply to: Best Dinner option Ouray-Mid Sept
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ouray
Recent Conversations