We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to pattaya for the 1st time..

toronto
9 posts
Save Topic
going to pattaya for the 1st time..

Hi guys,

me & my bf going to bangkok for 1 week , wanted to get info ,,,

earlier some ppl said pattaya has no nice or clean beach to go on water....

i will be leaving from bangkok around 12pm so maybe i will arrive pattaya 4:00pm >> was planing to stay just 1 night ....and leave pattaya around 5pm for bangkok.

can you guys suggest if 1 night & half of day is enough to stay there ?? or should i stay 2 night ?

Is jomtien beach better option than pattaya beach?

where should i book my hotel ? near pattaya or jomtien ??

i want to stay up late night at the walking street for music and food.

what is a low budget but good hotel to stay ?? ( between 220-40.00dollars max )

thanx and hoping to get all the info :D

9 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

treena1998 Hi

"earlier some ppl said pattaya has no nice or clean beach to go on water..." - this is true for Pattaya beach. If you would like to have a better beach, it is either at Jomtien or Koh Lan. Koh Lan is the offshore island from the Pattaya pier. There is ferry service ply to Koh Larn from Pattaya Harbour (http://kohlarn.com/getting-to-koh-larn.html)

If you want to be near the Walking Street, then Pattaya would be the area. Jomtien is not so convenient in terms of traveling time. These 2 hotels : Sabai Inn and Soi2 Inn at Pattaya Soi 2 would probably fit your budget. They are at the start of the Beach road and on foot about 30 minutes or so will reach the entrance of the Walking Street. By Song Teow, about 10 - 15minutes depending on the traffic.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya Beach
Pattaya Beach
3,858 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Jomtien Beach
Jomtien Beach
Pattaya, Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Walking Street Pattaya
Walking Street Pattaya
9,411 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Beach road
Beach road
1,704 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

thanks a lot , but can u give a lil more info as you seem to have the right info :)

<< Tawaen Beach >> is this where you suggested me to go by taking the ferry?

if i take the ferry going to Tawaen Beach , do i need to stay in a hotel around that beach?? Or should i go there for the day & come back to pattaya for evening & stay in pattaya hotel ??

If i take the ferry from pattaya , do i have to come back within a certain time to come back with the same ferry? Or can i go in 1 ferry ...stay as long i want & take back the last ferry to come back??

from pattaya i will take a taxi to the port , But upon arrival with the ferry to Tawaen Beach , do i need to take a taxi to go to the beach?? or will it be just where we will be dropped off from ferry ??

SORRY for doo many questions...but i dont want to wonder around as it is very difficult to communicate in english .

Mentioned in this post
Tawaen Beach
Tawaen Beach
314 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

Browse the below website, it should give you the info required:

http://kohlarn.com/

No worries, stay there till the last ferry bound for Pattaya Port.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

gr8 :D thanx a lot ...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

We have successfully used Diamond Beach https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29… as a base for party weekends. It is right off Walking Street at Soi Diamond with several agogo bars as its neighbors. It is old and a bit run down but inexpensive and easily in your budget. The air conditioning and beds have been good. Surprisingly noise has not been a problem even at night. The breakfast has been limited but adequate. It is also a walking distance to Bali Hai pier past the south end of Walking Street for the ferry to Ko Larn.

If you choose to stay there you can have an inexpensive seafood dinner admiring the sunset at Pupen https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie… Take the Jomtien baht bus from the ntersection of South Pattaya Road and Pattaya 2nd Road. Ride all the way to the south end of Jomtien Beach where the bus turns inland. Get off and walk along the beach south until you see the Pupen giant crab sign. You can be back to Walking Street in time for it to start being busy. after 9pm.

On Ko Larn the handiest transportation are motorbike taxis. They have cost 50 baht/person from the ferry port. across the island. With baht buses you may have to wait for them to fill up.

If you hang out at Walking Street until the last venues close at sunrise and then go to bed you may wake up in the afternoon. There won't be much time on Ko Larn until the last ferry departs before sunset.

Mentioned in this post
Walking Street Pattaya
Walking Street Pattaya
9,411 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ko Larn
Ko Larn
Jomtien Beach
Jomtien Beach
Pattaya, Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Jomtien Beach
Jomtien Beach
2,792 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,057 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

All along Pattaya Sai Song and Pattaya Beach Road you will find nightlife. For me Walking Street is a little more expensive. One night isn't a lot of time. Bus ride alone takes a couple hours.

Look at the map below:

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Maybe Pattaya Ibis. Forum search will give you some other budget hotel suggestions. (Ice Inn, Apex, Sawasdee Hotel Chain hotels, etc.)

ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml

Pattaya can be cheaper than Bangkok.

Only one week in Thailand all the way from Canada???

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Pattaya Beach
Pattaya Beach
3,858 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

yes all the way from canada , going to thailand for 1 week & nepal for 1 week. I wish i can stay 12 days in thailand ..wanted to really go to phuket but couldnt take leave from work :(

thanx for your suggestion ... will look into it.......... i didnt know pattaya has party places... coz every1 that i know went to thailand always talks abt pattaya & walking street .

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

$240 is Canadian dollars? If Canadian that's 6300 baht. Not really low budget...

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going to pattaya for the 1st time..

Maybe she meant 240 baht ! If you up it to about 300 baht you could stay at Nuan Coffe Guesthouse just off number 2 road.

Reply to: going to pattaya for the 1st time..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jomtien Beach
Recent Conversations