We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baht bus

Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Topic
Baht bus

If I stay in jomtien is it possible to get this baht bus people talk about to get myself and wife around pattaya in general, we will walk walking Street once just to see it for ourselves but will only eat and drink at non lady bars lol

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baht bus

Have a look at this

pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/pattay…

Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baht bus

Link not working my friend

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baht bus

Thb 20 from Pattaya to Jomtien. Easy.

In Pataya Thb 10 for short journeys on the fixed routes. Easy.

Above per person obviously.

If you want personal transport and you fancy some fresh air take a motorbike taxi. So long as neither of you are obese 2 on a bike maybe Thb 100 one way. Good fun.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
525 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baht bus

No increase in bahtbus prices yet apparent as rumoured, so bahtbus from Jomtien to Pattaya South still 10 baht. Same on return journey from traffic lights Pattaya Tai (South Road) queue.

Edited: 02 February 2017, 00:09
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Baht bus

"If I stay in jomtien is it possible to get this baht bus people talk about to get myself and wife around pattaya in general..."

If if is convenient or not depends on what hotel you choose. Jomtien area has some good hotels in remote areas with more walking required just to get to where the baht buses run. Or you pay a little extra for custom rides.

-

"we will walk walking Street once just to see it for ourselves but will only eat and drink at non lady bars lol.."

With a hotel in Jomtien Beach area you can find bars without ladies in it. Especially not that far from Gay Beach! 5 5 5

P.S. You won't catch anything walking through the Walking Street area. That street is also the way thousands of tourists pass by to reach Bali Hai Pier for ferry boat rides to Koh Larn. And you won't catch anything walking past beer bars with ladies working in them too! As a matter of fact, some beer bars during afternoon hours even have some tourist family groups stopping in for a cold refreshment. (More naked people on beaches back in Europe than on Pattaya Beach.)

Have fun.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baht bus

Mrwatford, if you intend to avoid what you call 'lady bars' presumably you will also wish to avoid bars that serve gay men and women, ladyboys, toms.....you could find yourself very thirsty as not many places will satisfy you. Could be mini bar in your room for you - rather boring. Why come to Pattaya in the first place?

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
7. Re: Baht bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2018, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Jomtien Beach
Recent Conversations