We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jomtien before Pattaya

ladyboy40
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Jomtien before Pattaya

Hi folks, my wife and I (late 40's) visited Pattaya 3 yrs ago and stayed at the Hilton for 15 nights (fab)!!. We think its time to go back to Pattaya. But..............my wife doesn't fancy Pattaya for a full 2 weeks, (yes, i understand its maybe a bit too full on!, but she really does love it!!!!). We think we maybe want to do 4 nights elsewhere and 10 nights Pattaya. We were thinking of a relaxing 4 nights at the Jomtien area, would this be okay? Is there enough over here for 4 nights, ie, restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc, to suit our need before we hit party central. Oh, and recommend a hotel. Yes, we did love the Hilton Pattaya. Or is there some place else we can go on route from Bangkok airport, before Pattaya???

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
8 replies to this topic
Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

Jomtien should be fine. And, if you do feel like you need more excitement there are plenty of baht buses to take you over to Walking Street or 2nd street. You're just a short hop away.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

Look over the website for the Rabbit Resort.

http://www.rabbitresort.com/

Royal Cliff Hotel/Resorts are popular and also in Jomtien. (Slightly remote area good for relaxing.)

royalcliff.com/hotels/royal-cliff-beach-hotel

Map:

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Up to you.

England
Level Contributor
173 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

Try Rompo Bar Complex in Jomtien there are lots of good bars there and the drinks prices are much cheaper than Pattaya . Also there is a very good bar with Live Music on Thappraya Road, Jomtien called The 3 Roses .

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
mcr
Level Contributor
335 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

We book view talay condos in jomtien great place lots to do and a baht bus into pattaya. Best of both worlds

ladyboy40
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

Ok thanks folks, and we are considering Jomtien for a few nights. But we are also wondering, are there any resorts on route from Bangkok that we could maybe spend a couple of nights, maybe a resort by the water / fishing village/ traditional Thai place??? Can anyone recommend a stop off on route to Pattaya from Bangkok, as i mentioned originally, my wife not keen on spending 14 nights Pattaya. Any help appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

U should consider hua-hin.....like 3 hour drive from bkk

Scottsdale
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

Jomtien is much more quiet, cosmopolitan, slower, and nicer than Pattaya, but still close- I recommend the Agate at Jometin Complex

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
California
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jomtien before Pattaya

Royal Cliff pool is amazing. Best pool of the hotels in this group.

Reply to: Jomtien before Pattaya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jomtien Beach
Recent Conversations