We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Houston, Texas
3 posts
Thanksgiving Dinner
Save

Me and my family are planning on visiting Washington Depot on Thanksgiving and we can't find any restaurants that'll be open for Thanksgiving dinner. Any suggestions?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
83 reviews
107 helpful votes
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner
Save

I can check to see what restaurants will be open in the New Milford-Danbury area. Would that area of the state work for you?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
196 reviews
243 helpful votes
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner
Save

If you want something different and don't mind crowds and some driving, you could head up to Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth Mass and have the Thanksgiving buffet where it all started.

CT
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner
Save

Did you try GW Tavern? It is lovely, but I'n not sure if it's open for Thanksgiving dinner. I know that the Fife and Drum in Kent serves Thanksgiving dinner, and it is wonderful. It is maybe a 20 minute drive from the depot. Bulls Bridge Inn in Kent may be open also. If you need me to check let me know.

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
61 helpful votes
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner
Save

from the Hartford Courant, 11/10/05

(partial listing):

The Tollgate Hill Inn, 571 Torrington Road, Litchfield. Open noon to 4 p.m. Slow-roasted turkey with sausage-cornbread stuffing, braised short ribs or pan-seared filet of wild salmon. 860-567-1233.

Avon Old Farms Inn, 1 Nod Road, Avon. Belle Terrace Ballroom, 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., brunch buffet including roasted turkey, beef sirloin and baked Virginia ham, $32.95 per person, $19.95 per child under 12. $12.95 per child, ages 3 to 6. Restaurant, noon to 4:30 p.m., sit-down dinner menu, $28.95 to $37.95, and children's menu. 860-677-2818.

Dandy Lions Restaurant, 8 Wilcox St., Simsbury. Open noon-8 p.m. Roast turkey dinner and side dishes, $17.95, or a limited version of the dinner menu. 860-658-0658

Apricots, Farmington Avenue, Farmington. Open noon to 6 p.m. Three-course turkey dinner, $23.50, or a la carte menu, plus children's menu. 860-673-5405

Grants Restaurant and Bar, 977 Farmington Ave., West Hartford. Open 1 to 8 p.m. Four-course turkey dinner, $35, a la carte turkey entrée or regular menu. 860-236-1930

River City Grille at the Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport, 28 Day Hill Road, Windsor. Buffet with seatings at 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. $27.95 for adults, $12.95 for children ages 3 to 12. 860-847-5037

Get answers to your questions about Washington Depot
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.