We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gilmore Girls Fan Fest

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

I will be coming into town traveling from Ohio. Which airport do you recommend. We are staying in Southbury.

9 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
375 posts
111 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

The largest would be Bradley in Windsor Locks and may offer more flights. BDL in airport code. You would take interstate 91 South to 84 West. Southbury Exit would be Exit 15. About an hour and half ride from Bradley.

Next would be White Plains or West Chester Airport HPN in airport code. About an hour from Southbury depending upon traffic. You take 684 towards CT and then 84 East to again exit 15 for Southbury. The third would be Tweet Airport in New Haven, CT. Airport code HVN. This may have a limited amount of flights from Ohio. That's about an hour from Southbury too. If you get a good fare for that, I can give directions too. Fourth would be Stewart Airport in Newburg, NY Airport Code SWF. That would be about one and three-quarter hours to Southbury. Take 84 West to CT exit 15 Southbury.

conn
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
133 reviews
79 helpful votes
2. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

Hartford ,Bradley or Westchester County, NY..

Edited: 4 years ago
Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
186 posts
35 reviews
40 helpful votes
3. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

We will be there staying in Danbury they say traffic will be crazy with single lanes. There will be parking at the high school with shuttles provided. It's gonna be a great weekend. Maybe we'll see you there.

J G
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

I was just in Washington Depot on Monday, days before the start of the festival. They were starting to set up the tents in front of the Town Hall but I really hope they are going to do more than what it looked like. I went into a few of the stores in the main square and the store owners seemed like they were going to be very unprepared for what I can only assume will be chaos. They didn't have any Gilmore girls / Stars Hollow merchandise and from the comments I heard, most hadn't even taken the time to watch any of the show. This town needs some tourism dollars and you'd think they would take this golden opportunity to build on this. I hope I'm wrong and they were just waiting to pull everything out at the last minute. This area is absolutely stunning and deserves some love. Hope everyone has fun, I wish I had the chance to stay for the festival.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
222 reviews
126 helpful votes
5. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

Maybe they are like me and have never heard of the Gilmore Girls.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
74 helpful votes
6. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

Washington Depot is a very low key, wealthy town. I don't think they want tourist dollars at all. People like the privacy and seclusion. I think that is why the Mayflower is so extravagantly priced. I do hope the festival turns out nice.

Westport...
Level Contributor
255 posts
60 reviews
30 helpful votes
7. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

Oh, my, JG - Not only does Washington Depot not need the money, tourism or exposure, they don't want it! There are many CT folks who believe that "Stars Hallow" was a "hybrid" of several CT towns and not WD alone. Only the bookstore seems to have been remotely enthusiastic about the "event".

I hope people had fun since it's a special time of year and a special place but the celebration would have been better appreciated elsewhere.

Red Hook, New York
1 post
8. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

Hey Gilmore Girls Fan Fest goers! What would you recommend seeing/eating in Washington Depot for those who missed the festival? And is there an actual town gazebo?

Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
186 posts
35 reviews
40 helpful votes
9. Re: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Save

Went to the George Washington Tavern it's a must stop for lunch. Marty's coffee shop is s great place as well. Stop by the Mayflower Grace the gardens are beautiful.We also thought the store with the table set up looked like Luke's was a nice touch. There bookstore has Washington depot souvenirs. I buy from cafe press for Gilmore stuff. Not much else to do but very pretty town .Won't need a whole day to visit.

Reply to: Gilmore Girls Fan Fest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Washington Depot
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.