We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week at Ronjon resort

st. paul
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Week at Ronjon resort

My wife, mother, sister and I are staying here the week of Feb 6th to the 13th. My wife and I are in our late early 30's, mom is 62, and sis is 12. We are planning on checking out seaworld for a day, KSC for a day, spend a couple days on the lounging and checking out the area. We are looking for advice for other things to do in the area. Cool places to eat, kayaking, boat rides?

Please help me with some ideas or point me in the right direction to book the above ideas.

Thanks

Scarface

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
579 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

You could try an airboat ride

www.twisterairboatrides.com/cabbage.htm

There are gambling boats out of the port

For kayaking and nature tours

www.finexpeditions.com/

Great outdoor restaurant at the port

www.grillsseafood.com

Suntree, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

Cocoa Beach pier is a good place to go for all ages. http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/

Your family might also like Old Town Melbourne. It's an easy drive about 20 mins away. They have alot of unique shops, ice cream palor, great places to eat and some good bars that also serve meals for the family. On Sunday's most of the stores close. Weekend nights have horse and carriage rides etc.

Old Town Cocoa has some good places to eat and some shops.

They also have numerous deep sea fishing companies.

Someone mentioned the gambling boat and airboat rides. Both are a good time. The Las Vegas boat has only been open for a few months and everyone I know loves it.

Old fashion airboat rides is about 20min from Ron Jons.

Boggy Creek Airboats is near Orlando and has a good reputation.

There are numerous around Cocoa as well.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

Go to Port Canaveral 5 minutes away for some good food and be there at 4 pm and see the cruise ships sail out.

Jetty Park right next to the resort is a fun place.

Also right down the street is Portside Galley for good breakfast and lunch.

Preston

st. paul
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

Thank you all for the suggestions. Lots of great ideas and I cant wait to do a little research into them.

Thanks again,

Scarface

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

I was wondering how your stay at Ron Jons was. We are thinking of going there in May 09. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thanks!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

In this area RJR is the ultimate family place. Great pool with a lazy river. The beach and the park. Be aware the new Dinosaur Store in Cocoa Beach has opened and is fantastic.

Preston

st. paul
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

We had a great time here. I posted a review, the link is below. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34117-d3661…

8. Re: Week at Ronjon resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 00:23
Get answers to your questions about Cape Canaveral