We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocket Launch Delta 2 Aug 17

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Rocket Launch Delta 2 Aug 17

Any help appreciated. We leave tommorow for florida and i know shuttle launch has been moved but can any one confirm if the us air force are still planning to launch this raocket at 6.35 am on the 17th aug.

Does anyone have an idea n how i can get upto dtae info ou there with no acces to www? Alos is Jetty park a good place to view for launches departing from cape canaveral air force base Not NASA.

Thanks

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
978 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Rocket Launch Delta 2 Aug 17

www.spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

Spaceflightnow is very reliable. Still shows launch on August 17 morning.

Yes - Jetty Park is a great place to watch a Delta launch. GEt there early enough to get out on the pier - try to get at least halfway out on the pier. We watched one from there in February 2007. Very cool.

As for keeping updated without web access, NASA's webiste links to the Patrick Air Force base website for information on launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. NOt much info there, but it shows an AFB Operator phone number of 321-494-1110. you might try calling that number to ask.

I know that Preston and Island24 probably have better ideas, but don't know if they will post before you leave. Check your hotel - they may have internet access for you as well.

Good luck - hope you get to see Delta launch - lots of fun. I think seeing it around sunrise would be nice.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
872 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Rocket Launch Delta 2 Aug 17

You can call the United Launch Alliance launch information hotline at 1-877-852-4321 to hear the latest Delta II rocket launch info.

3. Re: Rocket Launch Delta 2 Aug 17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Canaveral