We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Kennedy Space Center tour for 11yr old?

Mpls, MN
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Best Kennedy Space Center tour for 11yr old?

We are planning to spend one day at the Kennedy Space center with our 11yr old son. What tour or buildings would you recommend we do with the limited amount of time that we have?

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
978 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Best Kennedy Space Center tour for 11yr old?

We went in February 2007 when my son was 11. I would recommend the Up Close tour. The Then and Now Tour was just too long even for my son who is a space travel buff and can tell you who was on every Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flight.

We went back in 2008 and did the standard tour - it was not nearly as exciting as the Up Close tour. We only had about 5 hours after a cruise in 2008 so we opted for the regular tour.

Here is my review from the February 2007 visit

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34117-d1092…

We were also back for the STS 127 launch a few months ago and did not do any of the tours as they shut them down early on launch days.

2. Re: Best Kennedy Space Center tour for 11yr old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 02:30
Get answers to your questions about Cape Canaveral