We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accomodations

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for accomodations

We have flexible dates from about Mid March to the end of May. We need pet friendly accommodations for 4 adults and 1 dog. Needs to be one level or equipped with an elevator(like Painted Sky Lodge). We would like to be on the water (marsh, river or gulf) with a screened back porch area. We've never visited Cedar Key so this will be a first for all of us. Any help would be appreciated. Property owners please feel free to private message me.

Cedar Key, Florida...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accomodations

Hello!

You will love Cedar Key! I don't know of a specific spot that would meet all your requirements. Your best bet will be a private home that is not on stilts. I don't believe any of the condos have screened porches overlooking the water. Go to the Chamber of Commerce website: cedarkey.org and check through the listings there or give a call to the Chamber office and talk with someone in the office.

Hope you have a great visit to Cedar Key!

Cindy

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accomodations

Thank you Cindy.

Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accomodations

I'd check Airbnb and home away rentals. I've stayed at some beautiful properties that are like resorts. You can do a search in any area with specific requests ie, pet friendly, water front, number of bedrooms. Surprisingly budget friendly as well. Good luck!

Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accomodations

I'd check Airbnb and home away rentals. I've stayed at some beautiful properties that are like resorts. You can do a search in any area with specific requests ie, pet friendly, water front, number of bedrooms. Surprisingly budget friendly as well. Good luck!

Edited: 13 January 2017, 00:23
5. Re: Looking for accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 January 2017, 08:05
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accomodations

WOW. I was away for a few days and must have missed something. Thank you all so much for your responses.

Cedar Key, Florida...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for accomodations

No worries. We were trying to help you with how to search for a VR off the commercial listing venues. We always need to be aware of how to avoid paying more through the non-owner websites. Best wishes to find your ideal place to escape to! from cindy who is at visit cedar key punctuation mark come. ;-)

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for accomodations

Natures Landing has elevators and is a nice place to stay. Also, Faraway Inn was just newly renovated and has very cute little cottages.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for accomodations

Thank you all for your help. We ended up renting a house in Panacea. When I messaged the owner thru VRBO he gave the the total cost but said if I wanted to book straight thru him it would be less. It certainly was. $172,57 savings to be exact, Looking forward to our trip in May.

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
775 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for accomodations

Nature's landing is a good fit, also frbo many quite cottages, dog may be issue, we love cedar key, the place has had a down turn last year finally caught up with this cute touristy, lots of Florida locals visit, we were saddened with many shuttered places, but new ones opening, it's a relaxing place, rent a golf cart,and don't mis the museum and do the nature board walk,

Edited: 20 February 2017, 19:05
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations