We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking

San Francisco
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kayaking

We will be based in Crystal River for a few days next week. Planning to try to see the manatees if they are still around, but looking for another activity as well. Trying to decide between a kayak trip (or other boat tour) in Cedar Keys Wildlife Refuge or maybe going to see the mermaids. Very different, I know! Is the a trip to Cedar Keys worth the drive? Are there tours this time of year?

2 replies to this topic
Eatonton
Level Contributor
78 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayaking

Cedar Key is definitely worth the trip! There's kayaking opportunities - if you don't have your own, check with CedarKeyPaddling.com to rent a kayak and inquire about guided trips. If you're looking for a boat tour - Tidewater Tours can be found at the city marina and offer some excellent tours. Cedar Key is a small town and once there, you can park and walk to most everything. Most restaurants are on Dock Street or 2nd Street which are next to the marina. There's plenty of options. Don't miss trying the locally raised clams and oysters if you enjoy shellfish!

Cindy

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayaking

I'll be in Cortez for 2 weeks this Oct./Nov.

I was going to take a day trip up to Cedar Key, with my kayak. I'm assuming that the Cedar Keys Wildlife Refuge is the place to go. Any tips or suggestions for that area?

Reply to: Kayaking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations