We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin tour

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Dolphin tour

30 days from today my family will be vacationing in Indian Shores. This is our first trip to Florida with our kids. My 19yr old daughter has a main goal of seeing dolphins up close. What is the best dolphin seeing boat trip to book? This can be anywhere from Clearwater to St Pete. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
12 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin tour

Little Toot Clearwater Beach always does well. As always, you may see them but there are no guarantees of them being up close!

Mentioned in this post
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
10,218 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin tour

Parrotdise Express out of Dunedin Marina. Loads of fun for all ages.

Mentioned in this post
Dunedin
Dunedin
Florida
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin tour

Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
67 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin tour

I second the Little Toot recommendation. We used their services last month and had a great time. We were amazed with the way the dolphins played in the wake of the boat.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin tour

We like islandferry.biz. They operate a pontoon boat out of Pass a Grille for years and can cater to exactly what you want.

Mentioned in this post
Pass-a-Grille
Pass-a-Grille
2,328 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
Clearwater,FL
Level Contributor
335 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin tour

The Sea Screamer out Clearwater marina. Get a seat in the back.

The dolphins like to surf the wake. Great photos

Mentioned in this post
Sea Screamer
Sea Screamer
675 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
Overland Park...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphin tour

Little Toot all the way!!! A dolphin jumped so close I could almost touch it. My teenagers did selfies and there were plenty of dolphins making appearances. The boat is so low and close to the water. It's really an amazing experience. We've been visiting for years and still do Little Toot every single time!!!

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphin tour

My opinion it would be the Little Toot. They always seem to have dolphins up close to their boat. They even guarantee you will see dolphins or get another ride. Very well run outfit.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphin tour

We loved the Little Toot also! The dolphins were so close you could almost touch them. We could see individual markings on them. The other boats followed our boat to the dolphins so I think that says it all.

Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphin tour

I had a great time when I took the little Flamingos on the Sea Screamer as well! Dolphins were going crazy in the wake jumping, flipping, and splashing! Crew was very knowledgeable about wildlife, landmarks, and the area overall. It is best to sit towards the back as that's where the best viewing is located and you get a little water mist to combat the Summer heat :) They are located in one of the slips at the roundabout near the Pirate ship.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Screamer
Sea Screamer
675 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
Reply to: Dolphin tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted