We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ont.canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Hi I would like to here from families who have drivin to Florida from london ontario and area and made it part of the vacation eg scenic spots points of interest small towns to visit and off the beaten path routes!Thanks Sue

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

From the Virginia area, get on the Skyline Drive and head South towards the Blue Ridge Parkway which runs through the Smokey Mountains. This will get you as far South as South Carolina. If time permits you can do a side trip to Asheville, NC. In Georgia there is Stone Mountain just East of Atlanta. Before you reach this part though, there is the small town of Helen with a German flavor.

After this, if you head over to the Atlantic coast there are several coastal towns of interest.

ont.canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Thanks Chuts. Helen looks like our kind of place, and time will allow us to visit.

Regards,

Sue.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Shoot, I'm surprised no one else has chimed in with suggestions. There were two other similar posts ... both forum members were starting from Ottawa with Orlando as their destination. I think one posted in the general Florida forum and the other in the Orlando forum.

For what time of year are you planning this trip?

ont.canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

we will be there for the end of dec and first part of jan

ont.canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Hey wheres all my advice from the happy travellers out there!Dec 21 is fast approaching!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Helen, GA is a fun place to visit. We also enjoy the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and surrounding areas of Gatlinburg TN, and Cherokee NC.

ont.canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

We are leaving home Dec 21 & coming back first week of Jan/09. MarkBee, we had planned to cut through from Gatlinburg to Cherokee & on to Milledgeville area to visit a friend. Not been this way before. We are actually staying close to Clearwater. (Near original Hooters) Any local suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Sue.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

That Hooters is about a 20 minute drive to the beach. Next to the Hooters, there is a Pete & Shortys restaurant/bar which has good food as well as being a fun place. Village Inn, and a Perkins Restaurant are in the area also for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I live near the Hooters area, so anything specific you want to know about the area, I'll try to help as much as I can.

ont.canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

Thanks again for the help. MarkBee, we will be at the mobile park just east of Hooters, near you. Is there a Ford dealership close by. Our truck will need an oil change while there.

Regards,

Sue.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: driving to clearwater florida from london ontario

There are two nearby. Probably both about the same distance from the park. North on US hwy 19 is Countryside Ford, South on US19 is Walker Ford. Between the trailer park and the Hooters is a Tire Kingdom that does oil changes also.