We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waves?

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Waves?

How are the waves at Clearwater and surrounding beaches? Not looking to surf, but would like something to "play" in. Waves were relatively calm at Sand Key near Clearwater back in April. Do the waves change much on Florida beaches moving south or as summer approaches?

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waves?

I'll be palying in the waves tomorrow...Yipeee for meeee!

I'm sure someone eles who lives there will reply, if not I'll let ya know when I get back.

Your TA Pal

Futzy

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waves?

They would only change if a storm were approaching in the Gulf. Waves are almost always flat at Clearwater. You would have to go eastside to see anything bigger.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waves?

This is the Gulf of Mexico, not an ocean, we only see waves when a storm comes through.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
850 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waves?

We were just in Clearwater. For the most part the gulf was calm, but it did get a little choppy (small waves) some days. There were kids out on boogie boards and floats having a good time. Nothing compared to the east coast though, we were in Cocoa last year and you could actually 'surf' the waves there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waves?

I get that it isn't the "ocean," but I remembered there being some gentle waves. We've decided on Daytona since we've already visited the gulf coast this year. Thanks for all the replies! Looks like we'll have waves this time :)

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Waves?

Just got back yesterday....Honeymoon Island was great! Really did'nt care too much for Clearwater Beach. Very busy, alot of construction going on.

If you like nature and prefer a more quite beach Honeymoon Island is the place.

Your TA Pal

Futzy

7. Re: Waves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 08:19