We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

Hi everyone! I just wanted to report that I used Uber for a airport pick up and drop off last week and it worked great! I was picked up at the Tampa Airport and dropped off at our Clearwater Beach hotel (Coral Resort), we also used Uber for our ride back to the airport. It ended up being cheaper than using the Super Shuttle. Our trip from the airport to hotel was $35 and our return trip was $26 (Uber Tampa had just reduced their rated by 15% during out stay). I highly recommend this service! Also, it appears that Lyft is also in the Tampa/Clearwater area.

43 replies to this topic
1. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 10:05
Edited: 04 May 2015, 10:05

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,928 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

Amanx,

I have my doubts about Uber too, but it certainly is growing in popularity.

3. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

WOW...Thank You for this information. I was wondering how I was going to get from Tampa International Airport to a Motel in Clearwater.. Was about to rent a car.. but this sounds a lot cheaper.. Now I will definally have to get the app on my smartphone....

5. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 11:05

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

I've never used Uber - but it looks like they do provide insurance that covers their passengers. The State regulator ruled in October that they provide the necessary insurance. We'll have to see how this all plays out legally. tampabay.com/news/…2202383

7. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

I'm noting the total posts of the OP and the other happy camper...alarm bells??

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

Yeah, I got that hence my 'wow'. But they have been a member for over 5 years even if this is the fist time they have piped up.

When I was there just last week, there were constant adds on the radio trying to sign up new drivers.

I will not take one, ever. Need a taxi this week in london, but wil not use UBER and am using a private car service I have used before. Cheaper than a reg taxi. In the US I use reg taxis as I only take short trips- if I need a longer trip I rent a car.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

As a side note, I also dont use Craigs list or Air BnB.

Reply to: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted