We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

Hi everyone! I just wanted to report that I used Uber for a airport pick up and drop off last week and it worked great! I was picked up at the Tampa Airport and dropped off at our Clearwater Beach hotel (Coral Resort), we also used Uber for our ride back to the airport. It ended up being cheaper than using the Super Shuttle. Our trip from the airport to hotel was $35 and our return trip was $26 (Uber Tampa had just reduced their rated by 15% during out stay). I highly recommend this service! Also, it appears that Lyft is also in the Tampa/Clearwater area.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Clearwater Beach Hotel
Clearwater Beach Hotel
543 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
43 replies to this topic
St. Cloud Minnesota
Level Contributor
618 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

We have used Uber our last 3 trips from TPA to CWB and always a great experience. Will use again for upcoming trip in May!!

Mentioned in this post
Clearwater...
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

You are correct Uber and Lyft are both available in the Tampa Bay market. But please note the following:

Tampa International Airport

Drop-off with Uber and Lyft

Pick-up only Uber

St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport

Drop-off with Uber and Lyft

Pick-up with Uber and Lyft

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport

I took Uber from SRQ to my house on Bradenton beach. $36.00 it is only 9 miles. I have in the past taken a taxi. Cost the same. The driver I had spoke hardly any english and when I asked him a cheap place to go eat he tells me the Ritz-Carlton. I hired a service they charged me $50.00 picked me up in a luxury sedan, spoke english and knew a inexpensive place to eat that was good. My Uber was a Jeep. My Taxi was a Town Car, the service was a Cadillac. Ya get what you pay for.

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton Beach
Bradenton Beach
761 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Reply to: Uber - transportation from Tampa Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted