We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

Besides the Ocean Deck where else is there that is good to eat for dinner near the Roomba Hotel? I'm hoping for local seafood. We like the Ocean Deck and plan to end up there at night but don't want to eat dinner there every night.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Deck
Ocean Deck
105 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Roomba Inn & Suites
Roomba Inn & Suites
461 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
7 replies to this topic
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

We've been to Rossellini's Fine Italian a couple of times and liked it. We ate at Anna's Trattoria Italian once and it was really really good. Beyond that we like the Roof on top of the pier and Sloppy Joe's at Ocean Walk, but both are not much removed from bar food. We're not that big into seafood, so I can't really help there.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,155 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

Charlie Horse is popular. We also like Caribbean Jacks which is not on the beach but on the river across the causeway. Aunt Catfish gets mentioned a lot but I have not yet tried it.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean Jack's
Caribbean Jack's
1,929 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

Is there a place that actually serves local seafood around? I always figured that government regulations made it too hard to do that and everything had to go through some sort of processor.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,155 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

Restaurants can only buy from a licensed wholesaler. They can but thru a local fishmarket to get local and fresh. Many find it cheaper to buy what is supposed to be fresh frozen (flash frozen as in they froze it on the boat). You have to ask if its lically caught. Fishing regulations make it difficult to find some things like Snapper or even grouper at times to be local.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,358 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

Hull's Seafood in nearby Ormond Beach immediately comes to mind. Haven't asked, but I'm sure the fish they serve is directly from their adjoining seafood market. Much of it is locally caught, and they list the origin of all the fish they sell.

Mentioned in this post
Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

Thanks so much. Myself and 3 high school girlfriends will be there in 3 days to celebrate us all turning 50 this year!

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Have fun ... come back and tell us where you had dinner..

Reply to: Places to eat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach