We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Generations

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
41 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
3 Generations

Flying into Orlando to meet up with son and grandchildren (5 & 7) W£anted somewhere reasonable cheap and not too far from Orlando Airport.

Would Draytona Beach be OK for us 4 - 6th April? If not can you suggest anywhere else. Also what chance of villa rentals in area.

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,910 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Generations

That is just before Easter Sunday (April 8th) so accommodation might be tight. South of there and just as near to Orlando you have New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach and Cocoa Beach. Any of those locations will be suitable.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Generations

You have 2 choices....

Orlando and take kids to the amusement parks or

Daytona and take kids to beach...

You should have a hard time finding a room..

Your dates are during the week and would be a great location to hang out and have lazy days.

Daytona is about 1 hour and 15 minutes from daytona..

Renata

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
41 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Generations

Thanks for your help. We have been looking further down the coast as suggested and have one or two possibilities at New Smyrna and Melbourne. Taking the kids to the theme parks before the beach so will be ready to have fun on the beach!

Presumably you mean 1 1/2 hrs from Orlando to Daytona?

DAB
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Generations

Stay in Orlando for the theme parks, then come and stay in Daytona for the beach... the traffic back to Orlando in the evening may just ruin your beach day.

Mab'be all the seaweed will be gone off the beach by April..

Forever a "TT" fan!

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
41 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Generations

Hey a TT fan....make the trip if you haven't already! I think we are staying in Orlando for a couple of days and have reserved rooms in Melbourne Beach, which I hope will serve the purpose.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Generations

Daytona and take kids to beach...

You should have a hard time finding a room..

Your dates are during the week and would be a great location to hang out and have lazy days.

I am so BAD..

YOU WILL NOT HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING A ROOM...

But if you decide Daytona is not for you.. New Symrna would be my 2nd choice, although my kids really love the Boardwalk and the go karts and the cheesy fun amusement parks...and mini golf .that Daytona has..

Renata

7. Re: 3 Generations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 05:33