We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Destin

Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Destin

Hi,

My family of 6 will be coming mid May for the first time . Anyone have experience with the Jade Tower condos ? Also good restaurants ? We will have a vehicle to drive. Suggestions for activities with kids ? Or things to avoid ? Children ages 7 and 13.

Thanks for any advice !

2 replies to this topic
destin florida
Level Contributor
553 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Destin

Look on the right side and click on top questions about Destin. Start there.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Destin

Are you staying in Jade Towers East or West? It's a high rise which can make waiting on the elevator a pain the higher up you stay. Units have washer/dryers which is useful. Private, gated parking, private beach with set up of loungers for those staying East (not sure about West). Pool is on the smaller side. Good location. I think your kids would love Big Kahuna's water park and Wild Willy's Adventure Zone. Gulfarium Marine is popular and they would likely enjoy a dolphin cruise. Plenty of restaurants to choose from, chains to local places. Really depends on what you want to eat and how far you wish to travel. Dewey Destin is a local favorite as is McGuire's. I like Lulu's on the bay for atmosphere and traditional fried seafood and good frozen drinks. Mary's Kitchen for traditional southern/diner food and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner in an old railroad car. Asiago's Skillet and First Watch are also good for breakfast. The kids may like Dewey's Snowball for shaved ice. The options are nearly endless. I try to avoid chains and favor places that are new to me. I try to avoid tourists traps (look for giant billboards offering specials and seafood not from Florida, play on words, gimmicks to lure you in). Enjoy your trip!

Reply to: First time to Destin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted