We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

That cheer you hear is me reading the Destin Log stating the development on the end of Holiday Isle will not built. Hopefully, common sense and not money will prevail on this. We were sick last year when we saw the preliminary work. Hey Ma Nature has plans for the water and sand, there's only so much we can do about it.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

Don't cheer yet.... the story I read said the developer was confident on getting alternate funding and continuing with the project....

Juneau AK
Level Contributor
615 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

Frozen Tundra, I'm with you on this one. Very glad to hear that the construction plans have been seriously stalled. Norriego Pt. is Destin's gem and it's a shame the whole thing isn't preserved. However, as long as this property remains in private hands, I expect that someday it will be developed.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

I read the same story regarding ...the development will ' "absolutely happen" when the region makes an economic recovery'. That's salesman bluster for "If I keep talking positively, I can keep people believing this will work and they'll keep giving me money." I'm hoping the bank says enough and the council says we're not buying this line about helping the community. Any piece of "land" i.e. sandbar which has lost inches per day and 600 feet in the last few years shouldn't be the location for a major development.

p.s. any truth that the Emerald Grande is sinking? We were told that when we were there the other night. It would make sense, build a 17 story building on sand and there could be a few issues, right?

Edited: 17 April 2010, 10:35
Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

It may be sinking but I doubt it's literally going down in the sand...

5. Re: Norriego Pointe and Yacht Club defunct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 01:17