We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
543 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

Hi Guys, We would like to get down to Destin in the month of Sept or Oct. I was thinking about the Seafood Festival weekend, but I am interested in having a nice place and not paying a premium because of an event that I may not go to. Don't want to sound cheap, but we've been on 3 trips in the past few months (gotta cut back somewhere!) I have a companion airline ticket so the flight wont be bad, but where should we stay for a long weekend?? Looking for at least a 2 bedroom. Dates are open so I'm hoping that we can get a great place. We stayed at Beach Retreat during Spring Break and liked it alot, but no kids this time so it doesn't matter where, just close to the beach. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

I seriously doubt anyone is raising their rates for the Seafood Festival. Sept is a discounted month.

Tenn
Level Contributor
68 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

I agree with Joe!!!

We are also planning a trip and decided to come the weekend of the Seafood Festival and haven't found any price increases. I have found that there are alot of great deals out there using VRBO. You just have to decide where on the beach you want to stay and most owners are offering some great deals. We decided on Siver Shells Resort because the condo was newer and that we never stayed on that part of the beach. I highly recommend that you use VRBO. Just know that there are some rental agents that post on VRBO and you will not get any deals with them.

Dealing directly with the owners will get you the Best Prices!!!

Decatur, GA
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

we'll be coming down the weekend of the Seafood Festival as well. just a coindidence but I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

we rent from a friend who not only didn't even try to raise the rates on us but also seemed more thrilled than usual that we are coming back. I think it's been a rough summer for him and his condos.

Edited: 03 August 2010, 08:56
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
543 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

I have used VRBO many times, I just wasn't sure that owners would rent for shorter than a week's stay. I will look at Silver Shells, but a couple of other names of places would be good as well. Joe, I'm surprised you didn't mention any places that you think would work! Thanks for any help!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

In September you will see many owners renting out for 4 days instead of a week - that time of year 4 days is good.

6. Re: Long weekend, best ideas welcomed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Destin