We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Henderson Beach or Topsail Hill?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,987 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping at Henderson Beach or Topsail Hill?

We'd like to bring our camper to the beach and I'm looking at these two parks. Which would y'all recommend? We like the beach but also would prefer to be fairly close to restaurants and things. We have a 24 foot travel trailer and would like to have full hook-ups if possible.

Thanks!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping at Henderson Beach or Topsail Hill?

I have friends that use Henderson Beach and think it is one of the best places they have ever camped. They love the location of the beautiful beach and yet close to all the amenities

Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping at Henderson Beach or Topsail Hill?

Definitely Henderson Beach. My parents have a camper and we have been going the past 3 years there. It is close to everything, the beach is beautiful, and it has never been too crowded, even when the park is full. The shower facilities are nice and clean too. We just love it.

We did drive over to Topsail last summer, and its very nice, has a pool, more of a "resort" feel. But its much much further to the beach, they have a tram that can take you. I believe its about 2 miles so its a long walk. Much more crowded though. I can see why families with young children would like it more because there are more activities and things going on. But it is further from everything in Destin.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping at Henderson Beach or Topsail Hill?

Thanks! We've booked a four night get-away for September at Henderson Beach. Now-NO hurricanes!

4. Re: Camping at Henderson Beach or Topsail Hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:18