We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party Like a Local

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Party Like a Local

With my sister visiting this weekend we wanted to show her a good time, and we certainly have had one.

Fri nite- 6-8:00 Seablaster with Capn Larry and 50 locals on a fundraiser. Weather was great and we must have seen 100 dolphins with many surfing next to the boat. New location for departure in the Harborwalk Village a few docks to the west of the old Lucky Snapper location.

Then it was on to Harbor Docks for sushi, drinks and Heritage Reggae band. Nice outdoor bars with outdoor stage. Band was very good. Parking can be a challenge but they do offer valet.

Sat- beached it at Norriego Point all day watching the boats and swimming in the lagoon. No clouds all day.

Sat nite dinner at the new Dewey Destin on the harbor. We arrived about 7:30 and waited at the bar for about 45 minutes for a table.. Decor is nothing fancy but the fresh fish was very tasty. Ask your waiter what came in that day and that is what you should order.

Sun- rented a pontoon from Aloha for a full day at Crab Island with 6 other close friends on board. Cost was $300 for the day with tax and they do not charge extra for gas, although I'm sure we used very little with one round through the harbor and then the rest of the day with anchor down on Crab Island. Absolutely perfect conditions, water temp was refreshing, no clouds and the current was mild. Park up top directly off 98 just east of AJs and John will golf cart all of your coolers etc to the boat. The boat was brand new and excellent service.

Tonite we wrap it up with smoked prime rib at McGuires accompanied by wine from the onsite package store with no corkage fee.

Back to Orlando for Sis tomorrow who enjoyed tickets from Vision Airlines for $59 each way.

Guess what? It really does not suck to live here...

oklahoma
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Party Like a Local

i would live there if i could...sounds like a wonderful time! Can't wait to be back in paradise this summer!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
618 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party Like a Local

Yes if you can my good friends Tony,Damion,Dave,Matt and Hunter of Heritage can put on a great show and makes them the locals favorite ............

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party Like a Local

Did "Madonna" make it home ok? Our friends flew home to Chicago this morning and now I am trying to catch up with work. Love it when family and friends arrive - but I am getting to old to handle all this partying.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party Like a Local

I need a vacation to recover from my weekend.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party Like a Local

Ohhhhh my. To be a Destin local is my dream. You Rock JM! We only have to wait 24 days and we will be a Destin local.....for 10 days! hahaha THX JM!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
543 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Party Like a Local

Great reporting, sounds like a good time was had by all! Even though we were just there we are thinking of coming back in July and you mentioned so many of my favorite things! Thanks for sharing :)

7. Re: Party Like a Local

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Destin