We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Seaside

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Seaside

Hi everyone! Not sure if I should post a question about Seaside on this forum or another but I thought I'd try here first. We are going to be renting a house at Seaside for Easter week, and we're wondering if there are places nearby that we can rent mopeds or those dune buggy "things". Thanks for the help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,077 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Seaside

I know there are lots of bike rental places in the area but might give some of them a call and see if they rent mopeds, etc. Seaside area has lots of bike paths.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Seaside

Thanks! We have two kids, 6&9. The 9 year-old has no trouble riding a bike, but we'd like to ride bikes through some of the other towns along 30A, and it might be too much for the 6 year old. Trying to find a better alternative. Thank you!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Seaside

There is a place called Butterfly in Seagrove - right by Seaside but have never used them

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Seaside

We have a 6 year old to and we bike on the trails.Last time we got the bike with the child's seat on the back and he rode on the same bike behind his dad.We rented from butterfly rentals and they have pretty much everything from helmets to pull behind carts and anything else to get you rolling along.Last year we noticed right in Seaside you cold rent a surrey ,a "bike"for four ,it was kinda pricey but looked fun.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
553 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Seaside

Just wanted to add something... we rented last summer through Big Fish, they were great, delivery etc... everything was perfect. With that said, we rented bikes and thought we would do lots of biking, but 30A is absolutely terrifying to bike on with a child, our child was 10 last summer and it was an absolute nightmare...very scary, I do not recommend... The traffic is very heavy with speeds that are 30+MPH. If you can get off 30A and get on trails you are Ok, but don't think you are going to do anything but worry about the kids on 30A.

Slinger, WI
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Seaside

Thanks for the recommendations! Aren't there bike trails that run adjacent to 30A? The times that we've driven past Seaside I thought I saw people on designated bike paths. Thanks!

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Seaside

30A has a great wide bike path that is adjacent to the road and runs for many miles with great views. Are you referring to bicycle traffic scaring your chid? Stay to the right and you'll be fine.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Seaside

We ride on the bike trails only and we have never had a problem.I definitely would not advise trying to ride on the Hwy that's just an accident waiting to happen!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
553 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Seaside

For us, we felt that it wasn't the biking experience that we thought it was going to be. I personally was uncomfortable riding close to traffic going 30+ MPH. Maybe they are fine with it.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Seaside

I don't too many dune buggys or mopeds on 30A - mostly bicycles. You might find the other in Destin or Panama City.

Get answers to your questions about Destin