We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

We've rented a house on Newman Drive @ 98 thru Newman-Dailey and Pompano Joe's is our beach access. My in-laws have decided to join us on this trip and want a 1 bd condo w/ in walking distance of the house. On Google maps it looks like Blue Surf is next door and Summer Breeze and Beach Retreat are close. Is this correct? Are there others nearby you would recommend? They prefer gulf view/ front, but being nearby is key.

Thank you

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

oooops, error!!!

Edited: 09 February 2012, 19:17
U.S.
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

If I am correct, Mediterannea is the nice complex with the beautiful pool almost right next door.

Not sure if they have One Bedrooms.

May be able to rent thru other rental agencies like Ocean Reef or on VRBO.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

Blue Surf does have some 3BRs that have separate lockouts to creat a 1BR and a 2BR, Summer Breeze and Summer Spell are very close to Newman Dr too and are 1BRs. Beach Retreat is a little further but still an easy walk and also offer 1BRs. Gulfview is also close with 1BRs.

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

Thank you for your help. I'll pass the info along to them. This is our first trip to Destin and we're counting the days til June. I've found a lot of very useful info and tips on this forum and it has made planning this trip much easier.

Thanks again

5. Re: Walking distance to Pompano Joe's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 11:21