We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Air Show cancelled

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Air Show cancelled

It was annouinced earlier today that the Sunday Air Show has been cancelled because of the poor weather . The promoters have announced that tickets bought for today's show "will be honored at the 2013 Show" I can't wait to see how that goes over with the public.. it would certainly not be acceptable to me if I had bought one.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

Wow! How bad is the weather?

Edited: 29 April 2012, 15:59
Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

It's been pretty bad here for the past two and a half days. We're under a flood watch until Monday morning. It'll be wet all week. We have a 60% chance of thunderstorms through Tuesday, 40% on Wednesday and 50% chance on Thursday.

Edited: 29 April 2012, 16:14
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

I think even a car race in Homestead today was cancelled. Wish we could get some of that up here.

Two and a half days!! What did you guys do to deserve that? ;-)

Edited: 29 April 2012, 16:28
Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

I heard from others in the crowd how good the Air and Sea show was 5+ years ago. I can only imagine. This was our first ever air show and it was SPECTACULAR, so much fun! The good news from the sponsors’ announcement is that there might be a 2013 show too. Figures cross.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

The problem with that kind of a refund offer is that many people with tickets are tourists who will not be in the area at the time of the 2013 show. That happened to us once at an outdoor theatre production in North Carolina. It got rained out and they would not refund money, but said that you could come to any future production within a year. We were leaving the next day and would not be back within a year. I went to the main office and argued with them until I got my money back. It really is not a fair policy even if they tell you about it in advance.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

My thinking exactly Carmela! I wonder what the City, which has to approve of any plans for future Air Shows will thnk of that policy. For many folks a trip down here to the Air Show is not something they would do every year- I do think refunds are very much in order.

I have to say the rain here on the northern end of the beach has been fairly steady over the last two days, but yesterday am John got in his full round of golf and I ran errands most of yesterday and never got rained on at all. It was just pretty overcast and gloomy with drizzle from time to time. Other parts of the area had it worse and today was definitely the worst of the days with a pretty steady rain , only letting up briefly -and some places have gotten 2 inches or more. Monday and Tuesday are forecast to be rainy too. This sort of continual rain is very unusual for us I have to say.

But it is very different from place to place. I didn't see a single person walking on A1A aroind Oakland Park blvd all day today, but yesterday there were quite a few people out during times when the rain eased up.

7. Re: Sunday Air Show cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:40