We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EZ Rent a car at FLL

Michigan
Level Contributor
356 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
EZ Rent a car at FLL

We normally take a hotel shuttle to our hotel on 17th street and rent from Budget at The Quay. We then return it to them and they shuttle us to the cruise port. But I have found this company that offers a good price on a rental. QUESTIONS; is it a "hassel" to take the shuttle to the car rental facility? Since we will be returning the car and then going to the cruise port, can we get a taxi at the rental facility, or will we have to go back to the terminal? Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

FL
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EZ Rent a car at FLL

From each terminal at Fort Lauderdale airport,the free car rental center bus is within 1-2 minutes walking. There is a rather large step up, so with bags, its sometimes tough. Sometimes the drivers help you. If you are more than a party of 1, I would suggest while someone waits on the bags, the other goes to get the rental car, then drives around to the baggage level to pick up the others and the bags.

I'm pretty sure the rental car center has a free shuttle to and from port everglades. The distance is walkable from the terminal #1 to the car rental center, there is a sky bridge above the traffic. Maybe someone else can comment on the free shuttle back to port everglades?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EZ Rent a car at FLL

I don't know if there is a free shuttle to the Port from the car rental center and the airport website seems to be down right now. I'll try to find out and post again.

3. Re: EZ Rent a car at FLL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:16