We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

husband and i are flying in at 5am but the boat doesn't leave until 4pm. any suggestions for best ideas how to kill some time?? we leave buffalo at 2am so i'm thinking we'll be prety low energy. any day rates at hotels with pool ??

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

The day use room issue cropped up recently and someone found a list on sunny.org

sunny.org/travel-trade/…

You will notice that it says subject to availablity and the general consensus was that it is not really economically viable to provide this service. If you decide to go down this route be careful because some of the hotels on the list are not nice, read the reviews carefully.

On a quick look I would avoid the following:- Rodeway, all the Days Inns, the Avalon and Ocean Sky.

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

thank you ...i was afraid of that...big price...bad place

never hurts to ask ...you'd think someone might consider a day pass for a pool and change room option given the port

thanks for the response and i will check out the options on the web site

jl

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
59 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

If you can store your luggage somewhere I'd just go to the beach and if you want a pool crash it. If you look like you're staying there, they don't check and there are showers on the beach. Also, if you book at a spa at a hotel, they almost always include use of the pool for the day -- that's a great option.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,092 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

I would not use a day ro9mm in this cae. A 4 pm sailing menas you can be onbaord by noon.

Have a leisurely breakfast, maybe a shop for items you can't fly with buy can bring on (such as shampoo and other liquids/sodas/water and even wine if not on RCI) then board early.

Then you dont have to pay for lunch, and can get a feel for the ship. Last time I went, it was a 5 pm sail and we were onboard by 12 having lunch.

Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

that's actually a great idea and what we had in mind if no other calmer idea came up ....we've never crashed a hotel before and at our age that might be fun to live edgy '

between the two of us we'll only have one bag so it should n't be horrible and if there's not a shower we could survive til we get on the ship

thanks so much for the response

jl

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

See when you can check in on ship. You should be able to leave and reboard as well.

7. Re: 5:00 am arrival flight 4:00pm cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:17