We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach erosion

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Beach erosion

How is the situation of the beach erosion on a1a... Last I read they shut down a lane and were trying to fix the beach.

I' m heading down in mid-March . Hoping the beach will be somewhat ok for spring break.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,973 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach erosion

It only seriously affects just a few blocks of beach and road just north of Sunrise Blvd. which is the quiter end of the beach . They are working on it now, with both short term and long term plans, but in any event , there will be plenty of other beach available as we have almost 7 miles of it to choose from and it doesn't affect traffic except for those few blocks which have a lane blocked off. Where will you be staying - I can tell you about thearea near it...

FL
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach erosion

go to sunny.org and search for beach cam

Check out the ones for the Hilton and the Beachplace.

You can see, live, for yourself. The only lane closure is north of sunrise Blvd from what I saw 2 wks ago, It won't really be in your way since it's not across from any hotels where the lanes are closed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach erosion

I am staying at house on the east side of A1A near Oakland Blvd... Galt Ocean Mile. I will definitely check out the beach cam. Worse comes to worse... we'll trek on over to a different part of the beach!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,323 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach erosion

The beach in Pompano, Deerfield and Boca were all eroded. The ocean appeared much more shallow immediately off the beach as well. There was still plenty of beach for everyone to enjoy.

5. Re: Beach erosion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 01:18