We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Spring break trip to ft Myers beach

1 post
Save Topic
Adult Spring break trip to ft Myers beach

Going with my 2 daughters 21and 22. We are staying at the Wyndham south of fmb main area. We will have rental care. Places to eat or things to do? We like to have fun. But definitely not like younger spring breakers.

4 replies to this topic
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Spring break trip to ft Myers beach

You will be a little south of the Outrigger Tiki Bar which is a nice place to have a drink, people watch and watch the Gulf. For a nice restaurant look at Flippers on the Bay, great food, great views, it's my favorite restaurant on the island. If you like a Raw Bar try the Smokin Oyster Bar, really good food and a fun place.

April will be great beach weather so you should do some beach time, we have a really nice beach and the water will be warm nough to go swimming.

Have a great time with your kids !

North Dakota
Level Contributor
463 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Spring break trip to ft Myers beach

At the Windham is Pinchers Restaurant. The have bands several days a week. Also, just across the road is Santini Plaza that has a few restaurants. You will have a great time. Go to Time Square one evening. Also, there is something new, a peddle boat and we are going to try in March. That’s on San Carlos Island. If you want to see the area go to Sanibel one day. Shelling is usually great there.

I personally like staying on the South end of the Island. It doesn’t seem as crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Pinchers
Pinchers
1,232 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fairview Park, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Spring break trip to ft Myers beach

Renting kayaks at Lovers Key State park is always fun --- we have seen dolphins up close and personal both times we did it!

Mentioned in this post
Lovers Key State Park
Lovers Key State Park
2,467 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
356 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Spring break trip to ft Myers beach

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham last year. The Pinchers restaurant is also a tiki bar with live music most nights. Festive place, but not a super young and crazy crowd. Quiets down at a good hour. The plaza you can walk to has some good restaurants. At least one nicer restaurant with some other mid range, cheap options. Great homeade ice cream too! We grabbed that on our way back from Lovers Key and it was a great hot day treat after visiting the beach at the park. Definitely go up to Times Square and explore, grab some food, buy some souvenirs. The trolley is the best way to get around and there are stops right on th street by the hotel. We usually download the app that lets us check where the trolleys are in live time because the traffic throws off the schedule. We also walked all the way up the beach to Times Square, it’s long, but doable if you are reasonably fit. There is also a CVS right across the street in case you forget anything.

Note - depending on when you get in/leave they did have a place to store our luggage until our room was ready/when we left for airport. We grabbed some lunch and changed in the bathroom into our swim suits and hung out on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Pinchers
Pinchers
1,232 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Lovers Key Resort
Lovers Key Resort
589 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Times Square
Times Square
1,725 Reviews