We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Beach Resort

westminster ma
Level Contributor
124 posts
53 reviews
Outrigger Beach Resort

Hello was looking for some feedback.. I have reservations at The Outrigger mid February but I am now realizing it is kind of far away from Time Square.. Does anyone have any in sight on this location . Is it really far away from things or should I look at something closer ( Lani Kai ) .. We will have a car .. Any info will be helpful

Thank you

12 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

You are probably a good 4 1/2 - 5 miles from Times Square. That being said, there are restaurants , shops, and other resort hotels nearby. Take a look on google maps and you will see what is nearby and how far things are. There is also a trolley bus that goes up and down the beach for 50 cents.

https:/…trolley

cedar rapids , iowa
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

the Lani Kai is pretty rough... Outrigger very nice, you are in an area that you can get to either end of island very easily by trolley and then still not have to be in the "thick " of it,

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,479 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

I’ve not stayed at either, but, a friend of mine loves the Outrigger. They do have a very nice bar, nice looking pools, very wide beach.

Lani Kai seems to be pretty dumpy. I wouldn’t stay there.

Cabs are also an option from the Outrigger if you don’t want to wait for a trolley.

Ohio
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
4. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

I've never stayed at The Outrigger but I've heard it's nice and The Lani Kai is more geared to the spring break and party crowd. When we go to FMB we stay at The Neptune Resort which is what I would consider as far South as what I'd want to walk to the Times Square area.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

I like where the Outrigger is much better than the Times Square area. The Times Square area is to crowded during the season and we only frequent the Times Square area only in the off season. There is plenty to do and places to go at the southern end of the island.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
471 posts
99 reviews
6. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

I have stayed at the Outrigger 6 times and March will be 7. It has everything a person needs. It is not fancy. We find that we don’t need to go downtown more than 1 or 2 times. Take other posters advice on the other property.

Elkins, WV
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

We’re staying for 6 nights in March, do we need a rental car?

jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

No if you are staying in the FMB area, The trolley which goes from north to south of the island and makes stops along the way.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

We have stayed down in that area and love it being quieter than by Times Square. Still have some food options around the Outrigger too.. The trolley will get you anywhere on the island you want to go. The only reason to get a car is if you want to go off the island for some reason. It’s probably cheaper to just grab a taxi to/from the airport rather than paying for a car.

Ft. Myers Beach, Fl.
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Outrigger Beach Resort

The outrigger is a great place to stay! Best tiki bar on the island and quite honestly an easy trolley ride to time square. It's about 5 miles so if you have a bike that's one option or add the ride Lee Tran app to your phone and it will give you exact timing of the trolley. Have fun!

Reply to: Outrigger Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted