We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat excursion recommendations

Spencer, Iowa
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Boat excursion recommendations

We are coming January 27-February 3 (my husband, I, and our 2 kids who are 26 & 29 - first family trip in years. We are thinking a dolphin tour, or sunset cruise -any recommendations of marina's. I heard there are some large sail boats/catarmaran cruises too which would be fun. My daughrter also wants to parasail. This will be my husband's and I 3rd trip and we just love Fort Myers Beach. We are debating a day trip to either downtown Ft Myers River District, Sanibel Island or Naples -your choice?? Sorry for so many questions.

Holiday Water Sports
Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Equipment Hire, Parasailing & Paragliding
Paradise Parasail Inc.
Parasailing & Paragliding
Mid Island Water Sports
Parasailing & Paragliding, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
All Island Watersports
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Parasailing & Paragliding, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
6 replies to this topic
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat excursion recommendations

Good Time Charters out of Snook Bight Marina, it's a good time and the crew is very nice. It's located behind Publix, use the Publix entrance and drive straight Bach to the marina.

Clinton, Iowa
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat excursion recommendations

Good Time charters for sure Naples was a letdown to us, I'd try downtown Ft Myers or the Edison/Ford summer homes in FT Myers

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat excursion recommendations

Day trip ideas are: Sanibel and Edison Ford home area. Been to both a few times and we will be on Sanibel about a month after you. Edison Ford is great to us. On Sanibel, take the guided tour of Ding Darling. If there is a delay, have a snack or lunch at Doc Fords which is very close by. You can also catch a dolphin cruise from Captiva as long as you are there.

Might be a little chilly for Parasailing but if not, you can do that from Ft. Myers Beach. Enjoy!

Spencer, Iowa
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat excursion recommendations

Thanks! that is close to where we are at as well! We have reservations at Island Towers Resort which is across the street from Publix.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
283 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat excursion recommendations

I would skip the dolphin tours. Not worth the money imo.

I'd recommend going to Lover's Key and walk the beach and hike the trails.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat excursion recommendations

https://www.adventureinparadiseinc.com

Reply to: Boat excursion recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted