We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Towers

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
749 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Island Towers

Has anyone stayed at the Island Towers on Fort Myers Beach? Can't seem to find too much on this resort here on TA.

Also wondering what the beach is like, is the water clear, the sand soft and is it a swimmable beach? Will be going the last week in August.

Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
4,772 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Towers

Island Towers is a timeshare located midisland across the st. from Pubix supermarket. If you don't have a car you can use the trolly to get to Times Square. The sand is nice and soft and the water is clear. If you google Island Towers you will find a couple of good reviews. I have not stayed there so I can't give you first hand info on the accomdations. I have stay close by and was very pleased with the area.

Mentioned in this post
Times Square
Times Square
1,727 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Towers

Thanks...... glad to hear the beach and water are nice. I know in general what to expect from the condos on the beach. No luxury..... but do want clean and updated and of course ........... most importantly a good beach. Did google Island Towers and the couple reviews I found were positive : )

Edited: 08 January 2010, 16:52
Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Towers

We have stayed here many times. Island Tower units are 1 BR with 2 sleeper sofas in the LR. Units are very clean. There is a heated pool and a shuffleboard court. There are 4 BBQ grills on site as well. They also have bikes that you can use. They are now half complete in updating the bathrooms which are beautiful. There are two TV's (LR & BR) and a VHS/DVD in each unit. Each unit has a screened balcony with a wicker set for enjoying breakfast or that evening sunset.

The beach there is awesome - right accross from Publix and there is a Trolley stop there as well - you will love it

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Towers

Thanks MNTraveler55, Glad to hear someone else has stayed there (besides me) LOL. It actually does look pretty decent. And it looks a lot nicer (from the few pictures I can find) than some of the other beachfront condo exchanges through RCI. So happy to hear about the bathroom update, thats really a plus. Sounds like this should work out well for us. Thanks.

Rockwood, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Towers

I have been staying at the Island Towers over the past 35 years. We take our summer vacation to visit the beach in southwest Florida every year and treat ourself to the relaxing gulf side resort. It is a relaxed atmosphere, with beach access and a nice pool. Bring a book and just relax, fish the gulf of Mexico who knows what you will catch? Take a long walk along the beach and take in the best sunsets ( or sunrises if you are an early riser) you can imagine.

Well maintained and updated over the years make it a treat to return every year. We love to take in a minor league baseball game or two while we visit, MN Twin's, Ft. Myers Miricle's are my local favorite! And the Naples Zoo is nice too.

Island Towers offers 1 king bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen, with 2 pull out couches, room for 5, pay washer and dryer on site. 4 gas grills ready when you are for a cook out. Heated pool, and nice beach to play, fish or relax.

It is not on the high traffic zone of the boardwalk, it is nestled in the residental area of Estero Island. Public's food store across the street for easy access to your favorite foods.

I am ready for my return visit in June! See you there! Bring the sun screen!RC

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Estero
Estero
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
6. Re: Island Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 00:16