We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santini Plaza Fort Myers

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Santini Plaza Fort Myers

How many and what kind of shops and restaurants can you find in the Santini Marina Plaza?

Thanks.

BT

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

You will find a ice cream palor, book store, realty co, liqour store, nice clothing store, gift and beautiful home items store, and I think 4/5 restaurants and a subway. I have walked that plaza a thousand times and I am sure I have forgotten something. Behind Santini is the Fishhouse restaurant, which is really pretty good and across the street is a 7-11. Hope this helps.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

try South Beach Restaurant, 1/2 price apps at the bar during HH=yum

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

Great information! Any idea how far the plaza might be from the Gullwing Resort?

Thx.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

It is within walking distance. The Gullwing is beautiful....enjoy! I forgot to mention that the Castaways has live music in the evening and you can also walk to the Holiday Inn Tiki bar and restaurant. My favorite part of the Island.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

Thank you so much for the information.

If you had to pick which resort/hotel would you stay at - Gullwing or Diamondhead Beach Resort?

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

It depends how long you are staying, The Diamondhead does have a nice pool area, and a restaurant on site and also a snackbar by the pool but it does not have a full kitchen. The Gullwing are condos and very nice and located in the quieter part of the island. My personall choice would be the Gullwing if you are planning a longer stay and want a full kitchen. Just in case you want to check them both out....go to www.sunstream.com and you check out the pictures and web cam. Enjoy! Hope this helps

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

Decisions, decisions ... we are planning about an 8-day stay. We are not elaborate cooks while on vacation - just need the basics, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, pots & pans (oven not necessary).

It would appear that there is some kind of kitchenette at Diamondhead - perhaps sufficient for our needs. It looks like the nicer of the two properties?

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

Yes it is a kitchenette and I think they have what you need minus the pots and pans....lol...if I remember right there is a small refrig, microwave and coffee pot ect.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

If they don't have pots & pans - how am I going to cook my K-dinner???

Have you stayed at both places??

I would just like a relaxing vacation in close walking proximity to some restaurants, shops, etc.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Santini Plaza Fort Myers

You know I probably should not have said that because I am not positive about the pots and pans...omg lol...Yes I have stayed at both but it has been awhile...we started staying at another property that was at one time part of sunstream then became a sister property now I am not sure what it is....but it is across the street from the beach and quiet condos, but we like to go exploring different beaches and even take a daytrip to Sanibel or rent a boat for the day so beachfront is not that important to us....can walk to Santini too so I like that and I also luv that part of the island. It is the Santa Maria and they are on canals where manatees live and you can fish from the docks in the evening and not get eaten alive..lol ..we also like to get fresh seafood and cook that and they have 6 gas grills there and we enjoy BQ ing once in awhile too... we do eat out also but nice to have the choice...that is my story. Hope all this extra info helps

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations