We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Renourishment

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Renourishment

What's made the pier beach so desirable for families was that the water was shallow for a good distance and children could play safely without parents worrying about deep water. By recollection and by watching the webcam it seems that the new shore is about where the water became deeper. I'm anticipating that the old gradual transition between beach and gulf is now quite abrupt. Am I correct?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Renourishment

No, they only dredged sand up to make a bigger beach, it is still gradual although I see sand bars where they weren't before and Top O Mast has a big hole due to they didn't sign up for access to the easement to dredge, there are LOTS of shells at the high tide line

2. Re: Beach Renourishment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations