We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Pointe destin west

highland,illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Sandy Pointe destin west

Help I have a opportunity to go to Sandy Point Destin West though are GreatEscape membership but when i check on the condo I can,t seem to find anyone who has been there.Plawithtan.com gives it a 5 star If there is anyone who has been there please let me know what kind of place it is and how clean and in a safe place. ( leaving 10-17-08)

Littlebit2

Simpsonville
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I reserved a week at Sandy Point last Month. Upon arrival I noted there is NO elavator. No Pool, was about 5 blocks to beach access due to large hotels (not 1 block), located in low income area - ? safety - decided to stay at Waters Edge - even though I lost my weeks payment.

I did not even go into the condo

Johnson City...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I used my Grand Resort Hot Picks for the first time in Oct. We stayed at Myrtle Beach Resort. A gated resort. It is wonderful. We had 22nd floor in the tower. Three outdoor pools, two indoor, one indoor/outdoor, and a lazy river. It is right on the beach, cabana bar right on beach. Had two bedroom condo and it was great. View was unbelievable. Great place.

Madison
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Do you still want to buy some Plan with Tan weeks or what is all left of our package? We have 6 weeks left, I think and would love to sell them. We have been happy so far with the trips we have taken, but with our schedules right now, we can't use them as we had planned.

Hartford...
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Bob,

I read your post about Sandy Point at Destin West with interest as we care considering a trip there. I was told (after repeatedly asking) that it was a 1 block walk to the beach on a "private" walkway. No mention of large hotels, although they did let us know there was no elevator. The condo they are suggesting is on the third floor, which is not a big deal, but I am wondering about the "low income area" as our party is two 24 year old women.

Thanks in advance!

Reba

25. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 09:35
Fort Walton Beach...
Destination Expert
for Fort Walton Beach
Level Contributor
376 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Reba,

I'm not exactly sure what they are doing with the 'Sandy Pointe at Destin West' name.

I mapped this rental and it appears to be on Bream Ave on Okaloosa Island. This is a residential area on the island, and it is several blocks from the Gulf of Mexico and probably one block to the Santa Rosa Sound (our intercoastal waterway) - not the 'beach' you probably think. I believe it to be a three story apartment complex. I can check it out, but it'll be a couple of days. Just because of the way they are marketing it, using someone elses name and the misleading reference makes me suspicious.

Destin West is a large condo complex that is at the opposite end of the island. It is very upscale and relatively new. This is not that.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

did you go if so what was it like i am to go on july 2, 2011

28. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 07:35
29. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 07:35
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I'm a long time member of Tan also, it is not a scam. I've been to many places, including Hilton head, Orlando, and Clear Water. All condos were nice and clean with full amenities at a great price. I have heard great things about Sandy Pointe outside of Destin. It would definitely be worth the trip.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach