We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homosassa Springs Park - where to stay

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
145 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Homosassa Springs Park - where to stay

In February we shall be driving over from Orlando late afternoon having put our family on the early evening plane back to UK. Looks to be about 90 miles?

We are looking for a budget priced (budget - after 2 weeks in Orlando!!) hotel with restaurant(s) nearby either in Homosassa itself or maybe up to 20 miles outside on the road we shall be approaching on.

Have you any suggestions, please?

2 replies to this topic
Orlando
Level Contributor
11,606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homosassa Springs Park - where to stay

I have been over that way a couple of times, but I have not stayed overnight as it is less than two hours from Orlando. That area is very old Florida. I enjoyed both the Homosassa Springs Park and Weeki Wachee, but both are very small and nothing like the huge theme parks in Orlando. If you want to look at those state parks or do a canoe trip, it may be worth it to stay a night or two. I wouldn't expect anything too fancy outside of your normal chain hotels and restaurants though.

I did see some options for Holiday Inns and one or two of the Choice Hotels when I just looked online. You may want to start with those specific sites and others may chime in later for more ideas.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Homosassa Springs Park - where to stay

Homosassa Riverside Resort is a great place. McRae's also has a small motel. Both are directly on the river in Homosassa.

Reply to: Homosassa Springs Park - where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Homosassa Springs
More Homosassa Springs Topics