We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Key Colony Beach?

Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Key Colony Beach?

Planning a trip in August for 5 adults.I have inquired with Homeaway.com and emailed the owner of a townhome on a 100' canal.After reading some other related posts,I'm not quite sure exactly what I might be getting into.Any help would be appreciated.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,148 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone stayed at Key Colony Beach?

Hawks Cay would be the only one with planned activities, Tranquility - maybe - they do have a very large pool - but not sure about planned things.

The Cabana Club is basically a pool. Connected to the pool is a public restaurant and bar, along with a pier. There are also 2 other restaurants in KCB, Key Colony Inn and Sparky's Landing, as well as the rest of Marathon. Hawks Cay is a little further away from the Marathon restuarants, it has 3 on-site, but they aren't cheap.

You won't go wrong with any of your 3 choices - really depends more on what you want to do. If you want it to be a more private, laid back vacation - choose KCB. Fancy, upscale - Hawks Cay.

Mentioned in this post
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
4,879 Reviews
Duck Key, FL
The Cabana Inn Key West
The Cabana Inn Key West
1,680 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key Colony Inn
Key Colony Inn
845 Reviews
Key Colony Beach, FL
Marathon
Marathon
Florida Keys, FL
Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone stayed at Key Colony Beach?

Here's the link to the Cabana Club: www.thecabanaclub.info/pages/vis_main.htm. Many enjoy it as they meet other visitors.

Key Colony Beach...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone stayed at Key Colony Beach?

I would rent a home on KCB that offers INCH BEACH. It's a nicer beach than Cabana Club.

I live on KCB and there isn't a better place in the keys than KCB so don't worry....you will be happy if the photos are truthfull.

14. Re: Anyone stayed at Key Colony Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Key Colony Beach
Recent Conversations