We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkable

MN
13 posts
Walkable

Is Key Largo restaurant/bar area walkable. Can we get from one place to another without driving everywhere?

2 replies to this topic
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,650 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Walkable

Not really. That's why I asked where you were expecting to be dropped off at if you had an Uber, cab etc in your other post.

The only real walking area in the Keys is in Key West. Otherwise you really need a car to explore.

Key West is compact. The rest of the Keys are spread out and more about enjoying the nature side of the Keys.

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Walkable

The main part of Key Largo is spread over around 15 miles. The actual island is closer to 30 miles long. There are a couple of areas that are somewhat walkable, but you do really need transport ideally. Most of the things visitors seem likely to want to do are within about 4 miles (MM99 to 103) roughly, but there are some things that fall way outside that area (Dagny Johnson state park and the Wild Bird Rehab, for examples)

The area between MM99 and 100 has several hotels, a number of bars and restaurants, some stores and the Marina Del Mar (where you can take snorkel, dive and glass bottom boat trips). If people are visiting and will not have transport that's the area I normally suggest they stay.

The other sort-of walkable area is around mm104. There's a couple of hotels, several bars and restaurants and it's feasible to walk to John Pennekamp state park (about a mile).

Where I'd suggest you head for/get dropped really depends what you are coming here for.

One option would be to get dropped at the Pink Plaza at MM103ish and rent Bicycles from All Keys Cycles to get around. There's decent bike paths both sides of US-1.

Edited: 08 February 2018, 20:12
Reply to: Walkable
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo
Recent Conversations