We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Countdown Begins!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
The Countdown Begins!!

two weeks from today I will be sipping on a drink and enjoying my first sunset down in the keys!!! can't wait!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

Not to bring you down, but Key Largo isn't a very interesting town. There isn't much in Key Largo.

Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

geez you are a downer!! don't you know, you make your own fun!!

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

Hve a great time and be sure to venture down the keys for some great scenery!

4. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 21:27
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

You're right Que Pasa 7!! Although Key Largo isn't that exciting, I am sure you will have a great time!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,246 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

There are a few things to do in Key Largo but really it is just a stopping-off point on the way down to wonderful Key West.

You could try going to the John Pennekamp State Park where you can swim, snorkel and do organised trips to the reef etc, there is a Wild Bird Rehab Centre just past Key Largo and it is also worth driving down to Islamorada and visiting the Theatre of the Seas.

Key Largo looks very industrial from the highway but...if you go down any of the side turnings it is another world.

Hope you have a great time.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
205 reviews
7. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

I am sure you will have a great time! As with any place, it is what YOU make it. I love living here and am never bored. I am not into the party scene like Key West and I don't want the noise, traffic and crime that's in Miami. If I want a day of shopping, in an hour I can be at 3 MAJOR malls in Miami. If I want to snorkel our clear blue waters, I simply lower my boat off my dock and I am on the reef in under 40 minutes. Oh, yes, and most of the time I don't bother locking my front door....

Yes, some consider us the sleepy entrance to Key West ... and I wouldn't want to change it for anything!

Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

thank you. I know we will have a great time!! We are planning to spend a day checking out all the keys and the rest of the days we will just wing it!!Just looking forward to spending time with great friends!!

Dorset UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

We go on the 30th Oct, can't wait, have heard lot's of reports saying it's just a stopping of point on the way down to the Keys, but hey! we have a car and can't wait to start exploring, not sure if you are back before we go but you have a lovely time, I'm sure we will :-)

Key Largo, FL
Level Contributor
113 posts
10. Re: The Countdown Begins!!

There are tons of things to do in and around Key Largo. Snorkeling, scuba diving, deep sea and backcountry fishing, glassbottom boat tours to the reefs, canoe and kayak rentals, parasailing, waverunners, eco-tours, Everglades National Park is just across the bay, Great restaurants with entertainment, art galleries and small boutique type shops. And we have two dolphin encounters if you want to swim with the dolphins. Check out Key Largo at www.keylargo.org.

Get answers to your questions about Key Largo