We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

Ohio
Level Contributor
236 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

We arrive in KW on the 16th.. do I need to start making reservations for the popular places? Blue Heaven, etc? Does Hog Fish need reservations?

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

Those two don't take reservations. Usually a day or two ahead is fine for most places. If you have your heart set on a special place and time, call now. No harm in that.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

I would make reservations for "7 Fish" if you are planning to eat here.

Reservations also good for Flaming Buoy and of course Latitudes.

Woodstock, Maryland
Level Contributor
404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

I just made reservations at BLUE HEAVEN restaurant last week and we are

going first week in May. It wouldn't hurt to make them and be sure.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

Susie. For dinner? I assumed brunch, sorry.

Woodstock, Maryland
Level Contributor
404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

Yes it was for a 7:00 dinner.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

We often make a reservation for Saturday nights in advance, because it is usually busier over the weekends.

But then the rest of our week, we usually see what the weather will be like before planning out our evenings (are we doing a sunset cruise? do we want to eat outside or inside? just do happy hour food tonight? etc.) And some nights we want to eat at 7 PM, some nights at 8:30 PM.

Depending on how busy it is around town, usually we just call a day ahead or even the morning of that day to make a reservation. But yes, as mentioned by another poster, for small places like 7 Fish, you want to call farther in advance. They fill up quickly.

Don't stress over it too much, there are lots of great places to eat in KW. If you don't get into one, be flexible - try another!

Ohio
Level Contributor
236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

Thanks everyone. That reminds me jtwiz, I need to check on happy hours :)

8. Re: reservations for the 'must hit' restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:17