We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami, Miami Beach or the Keys?

Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Miami, Miami Beach or the Keys?

My husband and I will be driving from Naples after visiting family for 2-4 nights with our twins that are 17 yo girls and a 10 yo son. We have no plans. Any suggestions? They love the beach and all types of water activities. They love to shop. Would a drive down thwe keys be good or maybe venture north? How about South Beach? We would like a 3,4, or 5 star hotel. Breakfasts, etc like an embassy or a suites hotel would be great.Thanks in advance.

Little Havana Food and Walking Tour
176 reviews
from US$58.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Miami Speedboat Tour
49 reviews
from US$38.00*
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
272 reviews
from US$78.00*
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Miami, Miami Beach or the Keys?

Hi again. We ended up staying in a superior oceanfront room at The Palms Hotel and Spa on Collins Dr..(North end of South Beach) It included buffet breakfast and $50 credit. It was wonderful. The front desk and concierge were very professional. Only mishap was the sofa bed for our kids was not made and when we called for sheets we were given a hard time. It was quickly remedied and our stay was amazing. We walked to the busy part of South Beach for dinner (15-20 minutes walk) but spent our days right on the quiet beach of our hotel. The hotel was beautifully furmished and the grounds were tropical.Not to mention two resident parrots that my son found intriguing. I booked through southbeachluxuryhotels.com I highly recommend them. Dana-Jo helped us and was wonderful.

We went on to Key West and my 17 yo twins and 10 year old son parasailed with Fury. They were so professional. We went on the boat for the ride. It was a lot of fun. I plan everything and Key West was spur of the moment with no hotel booked. We were going to drive back to Jupiter Fla. but ended up having fun and wanting to spend the night. After numerous phone calls as the impromptu parade was next day getting a last minute hotel was a feat. We stayed at the Hotel Key West. The pool was great. The linen was clean. The bed was a sleep number and horrible! Not sure it actually was inflating/deflating even with all of the noise. We called to have it checked and the "maintenance man/pool guy/front desk man" etc was very pleasant.The room and hotel looked a whole lot worse in daylight the next day.....ie. mold in the bathroom (Not to be a brat but we were at the Breakers Palm Beach in March) This is not a hotel we would normally stay at. The Palms on the other hand was as nice as Ponte Vedra, and the Equinox in VT. We loved it. It was worth staying at the Hotel Key West toget an extra day on Key West.And again, the pool was wonderful. Funny thing is my son exclaimed, after staying always in 4 and 5 diamond hotels, the next morning as we hit the pool again before checking out.."Now this hotel is something to tell my friends about." He loved it! Go figure.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,912 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Miami, Miami Beach or the Keys?

twin, glad you enjoyed your time in Florida. Key West and all of the keys are great partly because they are not full of fancy hotels. However I would want a place that is clean. Some places are very nice & well kept and others make you wonder how the place stays in business. Glad you didn't let it spoil your time there. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

13. Re: Miami, Miami Beach or the Keys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 01:20