We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mariott biscayne bay

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
mariott biscayne bay

Hello

I am going to be staying at the mariott biscayne in miami.

I love the cheesecake factory and was wondering if it was walkable from the mariott biscayne or should I take a cab?

Will be travelling by myself for business.

Thanks kim

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
31 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mariott biscayne bay

I am thinking about staying at this hotel too..... was wondering what else is surrounding this hotel and if it is considered a safe walkable neighborhood?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mariott biscayne bay

Unless there is a new cheesecake factory that I'm not aware of, you would need to take a cab to Coconut Grove.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Grove
Coconut Grove
737 Reviews
Miami, FL
kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mariott biscayne bay

Keymom

thanks, so cab it is. How far is it to coconut grove?

kim

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mariott biscayne bay

A cab to the Grove will cost about $25 or so with tip. But you can do it on public transport. About 1 block south of the hotel is a Metro-Mover station (ask the hotel doorman where it is) Take the free Metro Mover south to Government center station. There, get off & buy a $2.00 ticket (or $5.00 day pass) on Metro-Rail & take it south to the Coconut Grove Station. Get off & go downstairs to the bus stop where you'll pick up the Coconut Grove Circulator bus (Route 249) which will take you into the downtown Grove where the Cheesecake factory is located in Cocowalk shopping center. (If you bought the $5.00 pass the bus & the whole return trip will be included; if not you can buy a 50 cent bus transfer when you buy your train ticket) OR, if you prefer giant shopping malls to tourist centered bayfront Coconut Grove, you can ride Metro-Rail all the way to Dadeland South station & follow the crowd north a couple of blocks to Dadeland Shopping Center and another Cheesecake Factory located just inside the main entrance.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Grove
Coconut Grove
737 Reviews
Miami, FL
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
2,698 Reviews
Miami, FL
CocoWalk
CocoWalk
434 Reviews
Miami, FL
kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mariott biscayne bay

Thanks for the info.

Like I said I will be travelling on business by myself.It is safe in all these areas?

Thanks kim

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mariott biscayne bay

Hi, Kim -- The Cheesecake Factory is, by definition, a shopping mall restaurant. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but Miami is packed with unique places to eat -- view restaurants, ethnic restaurants, holes in the wall and super-glitzy restaurants. Be sure you try some of those, too! :-)

Mentioned in this post
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
2,698 Reviews
Miami, FL
davie florida
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mariott biscayne bay

The neighborhood is safe and walkable...just stay to the east of Ne 2 Ave....the new performing Arts center is very close by...there have been more then a few hi-rise luxury condos built in this area in the past several years....there are two other hotels ( Hyatt & Doubletree ) close by....downtown Miami ( and this area is comnsidered the northern boundary of downtown ) is undergoing a "gentrification" as younger upwardly mobile professionals moved into the glut of Condos built during the boom....

Mentioned in this post
kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mariott biscayne bay

Thanks

I will see what other restaurants are near by as I didnt want to venture out to far.

kim

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mariott biscayne bay

any good cheap breakfast places near the Mariott Biscayne?

kim

10. Re: mariott biscayne bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 02:41